Best Cricket Betting Sites
Cricket is a bat and ball based game which is played by 2 teams of 11 players each. The batting team has to score as much runs as possible and the bowling team has to try to stop the batsmen from making runs either by bowling them out or by running down the amount of overs. This is a worldwide sport played by many countries during international matches and there are also domestic games played between clubs in each country. There are 3 types of cricket matches that can be played. A test match is generally 5 days long, A ODI is 50 overs (6 balls in 1 over) each and a 20-20 match is 20 overs each.
Check Out Our Top UK Online Casinos
Cricket Popular Betting Options
Cricket is a very popular sport to bet on due to its wide variety of markets available some with high risk high rewards and others that are straight line bets.
- Match Betting: This is simply betting on the outcome of the match. There are two teams and there can be a draw played however it is a very rare outcome due to the high scoring matches. However this bet has odds very much in favour of the better team so it is not that easy to make good money.
- Top Batsmen: Out of the 11 batsmen you will have to correctly guess which of them will score the highest amount of runs in the match. There are high odds available here due to the uncertainty but generally the batsmen with the highest scoring record will be the most likely to score a lot of runs again
- Most Wickets: In this you have to bet on which bowler you think will take the most wickets out of 10 in the match. Once again there are high odds available due to uncertainty but generally the best bowlers will take the most wickets.
- Most Sixes/Highest Runs In An Over: These are examples of some more extravagant bets that can be made with high returns. To bet on most sixes in a match is not easy and is more luck based than most but if you can accurately predict this you will be rewarded.
Factors In Picking The Best Cricket Betting Sites
When picking the best site for Cricket betting you should look for a few things that will help make your experience much easier and can aid you along the way. You want to find the site that caters to your needs and betting type.
- Look for a bookmaker that offers live odds as well as pre-match games. Test matches can last for five days so you want to be able to bet on the match while it is being played.
The Cashout feature is also very useful especially in shorter matches. Some bookmakers also offer partial cashout allowing you to keep some stake on the bet but take out a certain percentage.
- More importantly look for which markets each bookmaker offers because you want a vide variety of markets that can suit your needs if you feel like putting higher risk bets. Also look for comparably higher odds due to fluctuations between bookmakers.
- Security and withdrawal are also important but due to this being a purely monetary business, most bookmakers are very secure and the withdrawal methods are very simple and not time consuming.
Cricket Main Events
Cricket has many yearly events. Some are domestic games and tournaments that are very popular in the country and these run all throughout the summer. Cricket is mainly played in the summer due to the rain calling games off.
There are also world cups for T20 ICC and ODI world cups which are the biggest tournaments in the cricketing world and also offer great opportunities to bet on as well as online bookmaker running offers during these times.
The Indian Premier League, created in 2008, suddenly became a worldwide tournament hosted by India and is a T20 tournament and has the best players from all over the world playing for 8 different teams in this. Very good betting opportunities available during this time.
Bottom Line On Cricket Betting
Overall, Cricket offers many markets on various bookmakers while giving high odds and is a brilliant way to make some money especially if you know the sport. It is a very simple sport even though it may look complicated. When deciding which bookmaker to use, take all these points into consideration but ultimately choose which one suits you best as everyone bets differently and looks for different things.