What Makes a Top Premier League Bookie?
A good Premier league bookie will be easy to recognize through a few tell-tale signs:
- Variety: A wide variety of bets available long before the game has started
- Promotions: Free bet or increased odd bets run regularly
- Team Sponsorship: They will often (though not necessarily) be the official sponsor of official betting partner of a premier league team
- Acca Bets: Acca bets are allowed without much restriction
- Special Bets: Bets on transfer, managerial changes and many other “outside the game” bets
The Types of Online Premier League Bets
The best Premier league bookmakers offer punters a wide variety of bets. These will include half time results, full time results, first player to score, number of cards given out, exact score bets, number of corners won, over/unders for goals, corners and cards as well as many more. These single bets are each fine on their own and some of them will even provide great returns.
But the best chance of winning serious amount lie in accumulator bets, also known as acca bets. These are made of several combined bets with odds multiplied for each added bet and can result in some major jackpots if placed properly. A good example of an acca bet and the potential they provide is the Sky super six promotion which will pay out £250,000 for correctly guessing the exact results of six games in one matchday. This is an extreme example but acca bets can turn £100 into several thousands by picking just the winner in a few games.
Online Premier League Betting Odds
Online football betting odds will usually be better than the ones offered in betting shops but that is not where the search ends. These odds will often be dynamic and are a reflection on the amount of bets placed by punters, if the majority of punters will pick a certain winner those odds will shorten and might create an opportunity for those willing to bet against the grain. It is important to remember that a winning punter will not always try to just guess the result of the match but will recognize when an underdog is being under priced. Sometimes the bet that makes less sense will be better than the obvious one.
Mobile Premier League Betting Apps
Some of the most enjoyable betting experiences are when you are with your mates at the pub or the ground and you just turn to your phone for a second and make the quick in-play bet at your favorite mobile football betting sites. Football lends itself to in-play betting very well and the ability to bet with ease and comfort while the game is going on is a major requirement of any serious football betting site. We have tested the options and the quality of mobile betting service for mobile devices has been factored into our football betting recommendations.
Premier League Betting Tips
A few rules of thumb we have found helpful when betting on football:
- Don’t bet on your team to lose – You’ll be left heartbroken regardless of the result
- Don’t bet if the odds feel too short – Even if you believe a certain result is likely remember that football has an element of chance to it and anything is possible before kick off
- Do place in-play bets when watching a game – Watching a game unfold is a great way of gaining insight and beating the odds. For example, if the underdog is dangerous when counter attacking and the favorite is having trouble creating chances despite dominating position it might be a good idea to back the underdog
- Do create accumulators for a single match day – When putting together an accumulator it is better if all bets occur on one single day rather than spread out through a weekend or more
Bottom Line on Premier League Betting
By now you should be just about tired of reading about betting sites and the different kinds of bets. But one last thing you should do, is go back to the chart at top of the page and pick the bookie that will fit you the best. We have only compiled reputable and safe betting sites and each of them should offer you a positive experience.