Cheltenham Betting 2019
Cheltenham Betting time has returned and the festival is back in town! Back for another year of fun, racing and betting. The largest UK horse racing event of 2019 will commence on Tuesday the 12th, named “Champion Day”. Big payouts await not only the victorious jockeys, but also those who place a bet on the winning horse
All the biggest bookmakers are vying for punters action during the festivities and some of them have special promotions and offers dedicated specifically for the first day event. We have created a curated list of the best of these offers from the top betting sites, pick a favorite and get to betting.
Check Out Our Top UK Online Casinos
Cheltenham 2019 Schedule
The festival will commence on Tuesday 12th March, with the first race set to begin at 13:30pm, seven races are set to go through on the opening day, with each having its unique bets and odds, starting off the proceedings will be the Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle Race.
It is bound to be a four-day feast of racing and bets, with the event set to run until the last race ends shortly after 17:30pm (GMT) on Friday 15th. Bookmakers, old and new, are all set to offer bettors the best deals for their money. Cheltenham bookmakers promotions are especially worthy on the following races:
Tuesday 12 March 2019 – Champion Day
- 13:30 The Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1) (4yo+, 2m 110y)
- 14:10 The Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m)
- 14:50 The Ultima Business Solutions Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (5yo+, 3m 110y)
- 15:30 The Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy (Grade 1) (4yo+, Class 1, 2m 110y)
- 16:10 The OLBG Mares’ Hurdle Race (Registered As The David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle) (Grade 2) (4yo+, 2m 4f)
- 16:50 The JT McNamara National Hunt Chase (Listed Amateur Riders’ Novices’ Chase) (5yo+, 4m)
- 17:30 The Close Brothers Novices’ Handicap Chase (0-140) (5yo+, 2m 4f 110y)
Wednesday 13 March 2019 – Ladies Day
- 13:30 The Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle (Registered As The Baring Bingham Novices’ Hurdle) (Grade 1) (4yo+, 2m 5f)
- 14:10 The RSA Steeple Chase (Novices’ Grade 1) (5yo+, 3m 110y)
- 14:50 The Coral Cup Hurdle (Grade 3 Handicap Hurdle) (4yo+, 2m 5f)
- 15:30 The Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m)
- 16:10 The Glenfarclas Handicap Chase (Cross Country Chase) (5yo+, 3m 7f)
- 16:50 The Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) (4yo, 2m 110y)
- 17:30 The Weatherbys Champion Bumper (Grade 1 Standard Open NH Flat Race) (4-6yo, 2m 110y)
Cheltenham 2019 Betting Tips
Betting on Cheltenham horse racing is straightforward business. Betting on the winning horse and enjoying yourself in the process, while remembering to be responsible, is completely another manner. After carefully examining the Cheltenham Bookies and their offers, we recommend to our readers, whether you’re an experienced punter or a new customer that just opened a betting account, to keep in mind the following steps:
- Pace yourself – Avoid over betting on the first couple of days and being left with not much to use for the later dates – try setting individual budgets for each days races
- Wait for the last moment – Changes in race lineups could occur until the very last second, weather conditions might change and odds shift – wait until an hour or so before each race starts to place your bets
- Back the favorites, dream with the underdogs – Mix it up, place bets on favorites and underdogs occasionally, the long shot win is obviously a real delight but it is also important to register a solid win here and there to boost morale.
- Cheltenham Gold Cup and Grand Annual – The main events have the spotlight on them but there is no need to limit your betting only to these two. Take a punt or two during the lead up days even if your main interest lies in the final “big two”
Cheltenham Festival Betting
The best UK bookmakers will go a long mile in an attempt to entice punters to use their betting platform for their horse betting needs. The wise punter will take advantage of the offers made by the bookies and increase the value of their first deposits and beyond. It is important to compare the bonuses and offers from bookies and specifically those that relate directly to Cheltenham betting, as often major events in the horse racing calendar will correlate with special promotional offer the Cheltenham festival is the most important annual event for track lovers and special offers are abound.
2019 Cheltenham Festival Betting
The annual Cheltenham Betting Festival is one of the main betting events of the year and online bookies will rival each other for the attention of bettors in the UK, along side sponsorship and advertising campaigns leading up to the event most of the major betting sites will also have special Cheltenham festival offers, both for existing and new customers. A good way to get the most value from these special offers is to sign up with a new online bookmaker during the first day of races or just before, enjoy the benefits of the initial offer for the first day or so and then utilize the existing customer offers during the ensuing three days.
Cheltenham Festival Betting Sites
Horse racing is one of the most popular forms of sports betting and have been that way all the way back to at least ancient Greece. Nowadays, the yearly sports calendar features events such as the Cheltenham festival and the Grand National and almost every country in the world has festivities related to the year’s largest horse racing events, be it the Kentucky Derby in the US or the Melbourne Cup in Australia. These events have become almost national holidays and all this stems back to the excitement and fun associated with betting on horse racing results.
Many Bookmakers completely overhaul their sites in honor of the festival, bringing you a special feeling of a holiday, with betting offers flowing in to try and get you to pick them for your bet.
The Types of Cheltenham Racing Bets
Before placing your first horse racing bets and understanding why people have enjoyed this specific type of betting for so long it is important to get acquainted with the different kinds of bets available:
The most common types of horse racing bets include:
- Win – Betting on a certain horse to win a certain race
- Place – Betting that a specific horse will finish in the top two spots of a specific race
- Show – Betting that a specific horse will finish in the top three spots of a specific race
- Each Way – A combination bet that includes both top two finishers
- Accumulator – a bet involving more than a single horse and at times more than one race
- Treble – a three-pronged bet
Cheltenham Betting Points for Beginners
Horse betting is a world within itself and there is a lifetime of knowledge to accumulate. But there are a few things that new punters should be aware of:
- Type of Race – Some horses perform better in flat races and some excel at obstacle courses, be mindful
- Notice the Handicap – Each horse is assigned a weight to carry, shifts in the weights carried by a specific horse could be a good way to spot a surge in form
- Pick the Bet Carefully – Make sure you are well versed in the different types of bets and only bet when you are sure what is necessary for you to bag a win
- Research and Learn – Remember that there is always another tidbit of information you are unaware of, keep notes on horses you follow and stay on edge
- Don’t Bet Over Your Head – Bet amounts that will be enjoyable, do not put yourself in unhealthy stress even if you feel confident of certain results
Bottom Line on Cheltenham Betting
Now that you have read up, compared the bookie list we have prepared for you and know the types of bets and things to follow – you can feel safe and go ahead and pick your favorite from the chart above.