Cheltenham Betting Offers – Gold Cup Friday
After St Patrick’s Thursday was almost a clean sweep for the Irish the English trainers will try to earn back some of their dignity by performing well on the final and most important day of the festival. Follow along the day leading up to the big race as Might Bite is the name on every ones lips
All the biggest bookmakers are vying for punters action during the festivities and some of them have special promotions and offers dedicated specifically for the four day event. We have created a curated list of the best of these offers from the top betting sites, pick a favorite and get to betting.
Check Out Our Top UK Online Casinos
Cheltenham 2018 Schedule
The festival will commence on Tuesday 13th March, with the first race set to begin at 13:30pm, seven races are set to go through on the opening day, starting off the proceedings will be the Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle Race.
It is bound to be a four-day feast of racing and bets, with the event set to run until the last race ends shortly after 17:30pm (GMT) on Friday 16th.
Third Day (St. Patrick’s Thursday) Schedule:
13:30 – The JLT Novices’ Chase
14:10 – The Pertemps Network Final
14:50 – The Ryanair Steeple Chase
15:30 – The Sun Bets Stayers’ Hurdle
16:10 – The Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate
16:50 – The Trull House Stud Mares Novices’ Hurdle
17:30 – The Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Steeple Chase
Fourth Day (Gold Cup Day) Schedule:
13:30 – The JCB Triumph Hurdle
14:10 – The Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle Race
14:50 – The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle Race
15:30 – The Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase
16:10 – The St. James’s Place Foxhunter Steeple Chase Challenge Cup
16:50 – The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle Race
17:30 – The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Handicap Steeple Chase Challenge Cup
Cheltenham 2018 Betting Tips
- Pace yourself – Avoid over betting on the first couple of days and being left with not much to use for the later dates – try setting individual budgets for each days races
- Wait for the last moment – Changes in race lineups could occur until the very last second, weather conditions might change and odds shift – wait until an hour or so before each race starts to place your bets
- Back the favorites, dream with the underdogs – Mix it up, place bets on favorites and underdogs occasionally, the long shot win is obviously a real delight but it is also important to register a solid win here and there to boost morale.
- Cheltenham Gold Cup and Grand Annual – The main events have the spotlight on them but there is no need to limit your betting only to these two. Take a punt or two during the lead up days even if your main interest lies in the final “big two”
Cheltenham Festival Betting Offers
The best UK bookmakers will go a long mile in an attempt to entice punters to use their betting platform for their horse betting needs. The wise punter will take advantage of the offers made by the bookies and increase the value of their first deposits and beyond. It is important to compare the bonuses and offers from bookies and specifically those that relate directly to Cheltenham betting, as often major events in the horse racing calendar will correlate with special promotional offer the Cheltenham festival is the most important annual event for track lovers and special offers are abound.
2018 Cheltenham Festival Betting Offers
The annual Cheltenham Betting Festival is one of the main betting events of the year and online bookies will rival each other for the attention of bettors in the UK, along side sponsorship and advertising campaigns leading up to the event most of the major betting sites will also have special Cheltenham festival offers, both for existing and new customers. A good way to get the most value from these special offers is to sign up with a new online bookmaker during the first day of races or just before, enjoy the benefits of the initial offer for the first day or so and then utilize the existing customer offers during the ensuing three days.
The Joy of Cheltenham Festival Betting
Horse racing is one of the most popular forms of sports betting and have been that way all the way back to at least ancient Greece. Nowadays, the yearly sports calendar features events such as the Cheltenham festival and the Grand National and almost every country in the world has festivities related to the year’s largest horse racing events, be it the Kentucky Derby in the US or the Melbourne Cup in Australia. These events have become almost national holidays and all this stems back to the excitement and fun associated with betting on horse racing results.
The Types of Cheltenham Racing Bets
Before placing your first horse racing bets and understanding why people have enjoyed this specific type of betting for so long it is important to get acquainted with the different kinds of bets available:
The most common types of horse racing bets include:
- Win – Betting on a certain horse to win a certain race
- Place – Betting that a specific horse will finish in the top two spots of a specific race
- Show – Betting that a specific horse will finish in the top three spots of a specific race
- Each Way – A combination bet that includes both top two finishers
- Accumulator – a bet involving more than a single horse and at times more than one race
- Treble – a three-pronged bet
Cheltenham Betting Tips for Beginners
Horse betting is a world within itself and there is a lifetime of knowledge to accumulate. But there are a few things that new punters should be aware of:
- Type of Race – Some horses perform better in flat races and some excel at obstacle courses, be mindful
- Notice the Handicap – Each horse is assigned a weight to carry, shifts in the weights carried by a specific horse could be a good way to spot a surge in form
- Pick the Bet Carefully – Make sure you are well versed in the different types of bets and only bet when you are sure what is necessary for you to bag a win
- Research and Learn – Remember that there is always another tidbit of information you are unaware of, keep notes on horses you follow and stay on edge
- Don’t Bet Over Your Head – Bet amounts that will be enjoyable, do not put yourself in unhealthy stress even if you feel confident of certain results
Bottom Line on Cheltenham Racing Betting
Now that you have read up, compared the bookie list we have prepared for you and know the types of bets and things to follow – you can feel safe and go ahead and pick your favorite from the chart above.
Disclaimer: Our list of best bookies and betting sites is the result of hard work from our team of sports betting lovers and experts, while we do only recommend the bookies we have had positive experiences with we do sometimes receive commision fees from these bookmakers for referring bettors to them. please note that terms and conditions apply to all the offers presented above and are only available to UK and Ireland residents aged 18 and over